Mission

Mission

Monday, November 4, 2013

Chance's First transfer into Philadelphia

So my first transfer is out of the MTC and into the outskirts of the city. This place is crazy! Not at all what I was expecting. There are things that should not be spoke of all over the place. Trash EVERYWHERE, you cannot walk on the sidewalk without stepping on broken glass, wrappers, or… other things. The place we live in is small and falling apart. Gunshots do go off every now and then, but not very often. Everyone that has a drivers license here shouldn't, seriously the craziest drivers ever. Yes, worse than Utah drivers!

Tuesday I stayed the night in the mission home. Wednesday I got assigned to my area and got to meet my companion.  My companion is cool, we get along really well. His name is Elder Shamo and he's only been out for three months. Wednesday I didn't even have very much time to unpack, as soon as we got back we had appointments to go to. Half he time when we go to an appointment, no one is home. One of our appointments was a dinner appointment at a members house, a recently married couple from Utah.  I like them. Thursday was Halloween so we had to be in by 6pm. Lots of crazy things happened Thursday night. People crashing their cars into houses down the street from us, people throwing eggs, people breaking things... Friday we had some appointments to go to and referrals to contact so that's all we did Friday. I committed a woman to be baptized on December 8th, we'll see how that works out. I met one of our investigators who is supposed to be baptized on the 17th this month with his son.

Saturday we played football until noon and then went over to the ward Halloween party. I got to meet some of the ward. Sundays are my favorite days because I get to go to church. The ward is small. Probably an eighth the size of our ward from home. Sunday nights, one of the members feeds all the missionaries in the area.  We all get to hang out and eat real food and its nice. I really like Sundays. Today is Monday, November 4th.  Monday is my P-day, I have no idea what we're going to be doing today.
Everyone keeps asking about this so... Send letters to my address ( 3311 Kip Street Philadelphia PA 19134 )      SEND PACKAGES TO THE MISSION OFFICE (Address is at the top of the blog).  It takes about a week to send and receive letters between here and home.  If I sent a letter home today, it wouldn't get there until Monday, or if I'm lucky Friday. Also I'll try and put pictures on Flickr today.


No comments:

Post a Comment