Monday, March 3, 2014

I am being transferred this Wednesday

   This past week was the last full week in this area ): Throughout the week we tried to stop by as many less active members in our area as we could; there's a lot of less actives in our area. Tuesday we spent most of the day visiting less active families. Tuesday night was coordination. 

   Wednesday we also spent all afternoon stopping by people, setting up return appointments, and trying to have lessons. Tuesday night we taught Dillon and G. Dillon was having a bad day wednesday so he didn't want to have a lesson with us, he kept complaining. We were able to get to sit down with us though and we got him to agree to have a quick lesson. We asked him to give the opening prayer and in his prayer he asked Heavenly Father to make his day better. As soon as he was done praying he was all of a sudden having a good day; he wanted us to teach him. We had a great lesson with him. He was enjoying the lesson, paying attention, and asking a lot of good questions. Some of the questions he asked we're about things he learned on his own, things that aren't usually taught to kids his age. "And now, he imparteth his word by angels unto men, yea, not only men but women also. Now this is not all; little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned" (Alma 32:23). I was amazed to see the things Dillon had learning on his own, I was also amazed seeing our Heavenly Father help Dillon's day get better. Right after we met with Dillon we went to teach G. G is almost completely done being re-taught. He's doing good remembering the things we've taught him and the things he's read from the Book of Mormon. G is a smart kid. 

   Thursday we had district meeting, weekly planning, and our scripture study class. Elder Pintor basically had me teaching district meeting, which was interesting, but everything went really well. 

   Friday we Spent all afternoon walking through a small portion of our area trying to reach out to all the less active members in that portion. There's a lot of potential less active members in our area. Some have moved, some told us they aren't interested in coming back, but a few were excited to see us. After we stopped by that portion of people we had a lesson with Brother Jaretsky. We checked on him to see how he's doing with the word of wisdom and he's actually doing really really really well. His health is getting a lot better and he's gaining a testimony through his experiences too. "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words" (Alma 32:27). When we finished our lesson with him we were invited to sing at a funeral for ine if the members family, I think. The funeral wasn't at the church, it was in a small row home that was
turned into a funeral home. There were about a hundred people that tried to all fit into the first floor of this place. It was like trying to pack mom's luggage into the car whenever we take a trip somewhere. We sang "I am a child of God" then shuffled our way out and went to the recreation center down the street where they were serving dinner for everyone afterwords. Friday night was also the night of transfer calls. Throughout the entire day Friday I could just feel that I was getting transferred  Sure enough, when the call came, I was told my time is up in this area. It was sad hearing that. I really don't want to leave this area. There's still a lot of people I'm supposed to baptize here. 

   Saturday I had to pack up all my things, The service Elders came and picked up all my stuff Saturday afternoon. Saturday night, Sister Matthews, Jeanine's neighbor, invited the Elders in out district over for dinner along with Jeanine and the bishops family. 

   Yesterday was a busy day. After church we had a lesson with a new family we just found. The lesson went really well, they have a lot of interest in the church and they have a strong desire to become active in church too. After that we had dinner with the Taber's. Brother Taber was nice enough to come to our next too appointments with us. We had an appointment with the less active Agusto family and an appointment with Mike and Dana. It was sad saying goodbye to everyone in the ward on Sunday. Wednesday I'll bee in a different area. I don't know who my new companion will be and I have no idea where they're sending me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment